What do we use a whip for?
Whip and riding whip are tools which have multiple uses, such as:
- Tame animals, cattles, packs...
- Scare wild animals.
- A tool for horseback riding.
- In Ancient times, it could be used to punish slaves.
What is the difference between a whip or a riding whip?
- Whip: It is shown as a soft rope made of interlaced leather which normally has a huge variety of measures. As it is soft, ican bended easily allowing to make a noise which can scare animals. It is a very useful tool to tame lions, such as Indiana Jones, the archaelogist who has played the main role in a series of films.Throughout History, whip has been part of a list of tools conceived for human beings submission or slaves' dealings.
- Riding Whip: It is an interlaced leather stick which is (normally) a meter long. When bending can harm considerably, that's why it was mainly used by Knights in their contests but also for taming animals above all horses. We can also appreciate it in flagellation's rituals.
We have available a huge number of whips and riding whips in multiple sizes. All of them are made of leather and achieve to reproduce the sound of a classic whip. If you think of a complement for you cow-boy and adventurer costume, you should get one of this. Please consider that if the item you are interested is in stock, we will ship it immediately. Do you have any further question?