Star Wars history
Star Wars, is a well-known group of films written and created by George Lucas and distributed by Walt Disney from 2012 wich tell stories about a group of characters from a galaxy far far away. We can also appreciate in these movies the eternal fight between forces of good and evil where humans and beings from many different species take part.
In this fictional universe, galaxies are incredibly huge so people travel by means of starcrafts, such as, the Millenium Falcon. We must consider that Star Wars belongs to the "Space Opera"'s cinematographic genre, a mixture between western and adventure movies where the main goal is to find a treasure; that's why it has become one of the most famous sagas of all time.
The fact of winning prizes such as Oscars or Academy Awards with its first trilogy is a proof of this huge success and influence in pop culture for more than fourty years.
Movies of Star Wars
Movies are mainly divided in trilogies:
- The original trilogy; where we can find Episode IV (A new Hope), Episode V (The Empire Strikes Back) and Episode VI (The Return of the Jedi).
- The trilogy of prequels; where we can find Episode I (The Phantom Menace), Episode II (The attack of the Clones) and Episode III (The revenge of the Sith).
- A tv series called The Clone Wars.
- The trilogy of sequels, where we can find Episode VII (The Force Awakens), Episode VIII (The Last Jedi) and Episode IX (The Rise of Skywalker).
There are some other single Star Wars stories/movies, such as, Rogue One and Solo.
The most famous characters in the Star Wars Universe are the following ones:
- Darth Vader, previously known as Anakin Skywalker he will become the right hand of the Emperour Palpatine.
- Padme Amidala, Anakin Skywalker's wife and mother of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa.
- Luke Skywalker, the main character of Star Wars first trilogy.
- Princess Leia Organa, she is Luke Skywalker's sister and Han Solo's wife. She will be also the Rebel Alliance's leader and General of the Resistance.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight and besides master of Anakin and Luke Skywalker; he is considered one of the key characters in the two first trilogies.
- Yoda, he is one of the most powerflul Jedis in the galaxy, he will be one of the survivors of the hunt and extermination of the Jedi Order.
- Palpatine, he is the main antagonist of the three trilogies, as a politician but also as a Lord Sith and then Emperor fo the Galaxy.
- Han Solo, a smuggler who will become a relevant member of the Resistance, he is also the leading role of Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Chewbacca, a member of the wookie race, he is a friend and main partner of Han Solo.
- Boba Fett; a character with a more relevant role in the expanded universe than in the movies.
- Kylo Ren, Leia Organa and Han Solo's son, firstly considered as a Jedi apprentice he will be seduced by the dark side and will become a Lord Sith.