<p>A diadem is a type of crown, specifically an ornamental headband worn by Eastern monarchs and others as a badge of royalty. A diadem is also a jewelled ornament in the shape of a half crown, worn by women and placed over the forehead, in this sense, also called tiara.</p>
<p>Gougels or Hoods, medieval ideals for recreacionistas and as add-ons in medieval costumes.</p>
<p>Medieval headdresses usually used in court. They used to be worn as accessories, ornaments or in collected hairstyles. p></p>
<p>Medieval Crespinas commonly used in the Middle Ages to protect themselves from the cold. p></p>
<p>Renaissance hats, jeans, streampunk, pirates. Manufactured with the best skin. p></p>
<p>Medieval and vintage hats that protected more than a crespina from the inclemency of the weather. </p>
<p>Typical medieval and Renaissance chiffons, feminine headdresses that besides protecting from the cold served to collect the hair of the woman.</p>
<p>Calotas, crespinas and quilted hoods to wear under the Medieval and Renaissance steel helmets.</p>
<p>Veils for women, headgear or mantillas for medieval, Renaissance and Arab headdresses. p></p>
In Stock: 5 un.
Hats, Caps and medieval complements
The cap and the cap are just a few medieval complements that were put on the head. These complements were used to protect themselves from the sun, the wind, the air and the rain. Other complements such as, for example, crespines and capelines were placed under the medieval helmet, to protect the head from impacts during a fight. Others such as headdresses were used only as a complement to a ceremonial garment. Here is a list of complements for being worn in the head:
- Tiaras and Diademas: These are leather strips or chains enriched with precious stones to ornament the head for special occasions, showing the hair perfectly attached.
- The headdresses: These are specific complements for the women who wore them in the celebrations placed in the yard. Sometimes they showed a veil in its posterior part.
- Veils: They can be demi-transparent or cover the head completely, to protect it from cold and air.
- The Gugels: These are hoods with gorgets. Most of religious worn them over their heads to protect themselves from cold and air.
- Crespines: These are headdresses for both men and women. Normally were worn by the peasants to protect themselves from the cold during the long days of work in the countryside.
- Headdresses: These are a kind of casquet worn by women of any social class. The women who belong to nobility wore them embroidered and with precious stones.
- Hats: This is a garment used to cover the head and protect it from the cold. They were used by men and women of all social classes from long ago to the present day. Among those we must notice the ones related to the Renaissance, very colorful and mainly worn in Italy by the area of Florence.
- Hats: This is a garment used to cover the face and/or protect it from the sun. We must notice its round base and its wing which gives shade. It has been very much used by a large amount of people throughout history and all over the world: Greeks, Asians, Europeans, South Americans, North Americans, Africans ...
Briefly, most social classes wore chests: peasants, cowboys, magicians, witches, slaves and nobles. Nowadays, it is a garment worn mostly by older people.
Materials of clothes for the head
In ancient times, caps and hats were made from common materials, such as the skin of animals and canvases. The nobles could obtain finer canvases, such as linen or silk. Currently we have a wide variety of materials and the most used are the following:
- Synthetic hair
Variety in caps and hats
We have plenty of variety (in our site) for example:
- Pirate Hats
- Top hats
- Steampunk Hats
- Australian Hats
- Cowboy Hats
- Vikings Beanies
- Renaissance Caps
- Beanies for Witches and Wizards
Our headwear is made in Europe using the finest materials. We have bonnets and caps that are ideal for complementing your medieval costume, but also for wearing them often because they are fashionable. If you need further information, you can contact us by phone, Whatsapp or email.